AN OFF-THE-SHELF AFO WITH CUSTOM-MADE FUNCTIONALITY
The Step-On Family of products is a range of innovative ankle-foot-orthoses (AFOs) for the treatment of drop foot. The unique feature of these AFOs is that they are articulated and offer adjustable dorsiflexion assistance, while being off-the-shelf products. This way, they allow essential functional movements during the gait cycle, while at the same time providing the exact amount of control required by each patient, at every stage of their rehabilitation programme.
IS SAFE, DRUG FREE AND NON-INVASIVE
- Articulated AFO’s, hinges that allow ROM between dorsiflexion 22Â° and 11Â° plantar flexion.
- Available with lateral, medial, or bilateral hinges.
- Easily adjustable dorsiflexion assistance allows continuous optimization of gait biomechanics through rehabilitation process.
- Extremely lightweight, polypropylene construction.
- Can be easily thermoformed to shape or trimmed back.
- High-quality liners and foam pads for enhanced skin integrity and comfort.
- Hook-and-loop straps allow fastening of the orthosis with just one hand.
- Liners and foam pads can be removed and cleaned easily.
- Unilateral hinge AFO’s fit easily in standard footwear – no need for larger shoe size.
- Hinges protected from debris by neoprene sleeves.
- Hinges can be disassembled for cleaning and servicing.
- Full list of spare parts is available.
- Available in a range of sizes to fit individuals up to 100 Kg.
Drop foot caused by paresis or paralysis due to:
- Multiple sclerosis
- Cerebral palsy
- Spinal cord injury
- Head injury
- Peripheral nerve injuries
- Muscular dystrophies
- Spinal muscular atrophy
- Motor neuron disease
- Skin lesions/ infections
- Loss of sensation
- History of deep venous thrombosis of the lower limb
- Ankle-foot contractors
- Excessive or gross knee hyperextension, as the AFO will struggle to prevent this
LH & STEP-ON 100 MH are dynamic in-shoe Ankle-Foot Orthoses (AFOs) made of thermoplastic material, with a dorsiflexion spring mechanism that provides adjustable ankle dorsiflexion assistance while walking. The STEP-ON 100 LH AFO comprises a Lateral Hinge. The STEP-ON 100 MH AFO comprises a Medial Hinge.
The STEP-ON 100 LH is suitable for most cases of drop-foot, while the STEP-ON 100 MH is suitable for patients with uncorrectable varus and a prominent lateral malleolus.
- Unilateral hinge: STEP-ON 100 MH on the medial side / STEP-ON 100 LH on the lateral side
- Can fit easily in normal shoes
- Weighs only 290g
- 2 sizes
Available in 2 sizes S – M and L – XL
DH (Dual Hinge) is a dynamic in-shoe Ankle-Foot Orthosis (AFO) made of thermoplastic material, comprising bilateral hinges with dorsiflexion spring mechanisms that provide adjustable ankle dorsiflexion assistance while walking.
Suitable for cases of drop-foot with excessive correctable varus/ valgus (supination/pronation) of the foot.
- Bilateral hinges
- Patented strap system to provide effective, comfortable varus/ valgus support
- Weighs only 458g
- 4 sizes
A SOLUTION FOR VARUS/VALGUS DEFORMITIES
Step-On’s patented system allows easy adjustment to help counter varus or valgus deformities by simple repositioning of the ankle strap.
Available in 4 sizes – S/M/L/XL